Compare two PDF files. Select your files and immediately see the textual differences.
Frequently asked questions
Have a different question and can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out by sending us an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- How do I use Diffcheck.io?
- Simply paste the text you want to compare into the left and right text boxes and see the differences highlighted below.
- How can I view the whole diff?
- When large sections of the text are unchanged, we will collapse them to make it easier to see the differences. You can click on the 'Expand lines...' to expand the text.
- What is a text diff tool?
- A text diff tool, also known as a diff utility, or a diff checker, is a piece of software that compares two text files line by line to find and highlight the differences between them.
- How does a text diff tool work?
- A text diff tool works by analyzing two text files and comparing them line by line. It identifies the additions, deletions, and modifications between the two files and then highlights these differences to the user.
- Why should I use a text diff tool?
- A text diff tool can be highly beneficial for various purposes, such as debugging code, comparing scripts, identifying changes in document revisions, and much more. It can save a significant amount of time that might otherwise be spent manually scanning and comparing files.
- Can I use a text diff tool for comparing code files?
- Yes, text diff tools are commonly used for comparing different versions of source code files. They are particularly useful for identifying changes made to the code, pinpointing errors, or merging different code versions.
- What types of files can I compare?
- You can compare practically all text-based files. The list of supported file types includes: .txt, .pdf, .docx, .html, .css, .js, .py, .java, .cpp, .php, .rb, .go, .json, .xls, .xlsx, .xml, .md, and many more.